Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chef Pepin's recipe for a tasty vegetarian stock.
Make and share this Jacques Pepin's Clear Vegetable Stock recipe from Food.com.
- 118.29 ml dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium leek, cleaned thoroughly and thinly sliced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced thin
- 6 clove garlic, sliced
For Herbes de Provence
- 14.79 ml dried thyme
- 14.79 ml dried savory
- 14.79 ml dried marjoram
- 14.79 ml dried oregano
- 14.79 ml dried fennel seed (optional)
- 4.92 ml dried sage (optional)
- 4.92 ml rosemary (optional)
- 4.92 ml lavender (optional)
- Place all ingredients, along with ingredients for Herbes de Provence, and 10 cups of water into a stockpot or heavy kettle.
- Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour; strain.