1/4 Photos of Jacques Pepin's Chicken Thighs
Pesto lover's Note:
Tasty, simple French cooking from the master. This is from his More Fast Food My Way. If you aren't familiar with his books, look for them. I love Fast Food My Way and Sweet Simplicity.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 175F.
- 2Cut extra skin and fat off each thigh. Cut a 1/2 " slit into meat on either side of the bone, so that chicken will cook faster and evenly.
- 3Season thighs with 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- 4Place chicken into non-stick skillet, skin side down, on high heat.
- 5When chicken starts to sizzle, cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 16-18 minutes. If browning too quickly after 10 minutes, reduce heat to low.
- 6Transfer chicken, skin side up, to a heat proof platter and place in oven to keep warm. Pepin recommends keeping your serving plates in the oven so that they will be warm when you plate the chicken.
- 7Remove all but 2 tbsp of fat from the skillet. Add onions, garlic and mushrooms. Cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 8Add 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and white wine. If any liquid has accumulated on the platter in the oven, add that liquid to the pan.
- 9Cook over high heat for 1 minute, to reduce the liquid a bit.
- 10Divide the mushroom mixture between 4 plates. Place one piece of chicken on top and garnish with chives to serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jacques Pepin's Chicken Thighs
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.0
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 78.9 mg
- Sodium 513.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 18.8 g