Recipe by Pianolady
This a delicious, different dish that can be served as a side dish, or a dessert! This is from a cookbook entitled "Cooking For Madam: Recipes and Reminiscences from the Home of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis".
Top Review by PeachyBaker
This was so simple and so delicious. The peel was so sweet that you could leave it on if you wanted too. I served the syrup too... with ice cream and orange peel garnish. Wow, Jackie sure knew what she was doing.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan large enough to hold all the plums after being submerged in syrup, stir the sugar into 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat, add the zest, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Prick each plum twice with the tines of a fork, then place them carefully in the syrup.
- Cover and let simmer to poach for 5 minutes.
- Let the plums cool in the syrup, then slip off the skins.
- Return the skinned plums to the syrup and let them steep until you are ready to serve.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.