Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a Norwegian recipe I cut out from a Norwegian magazine, years ago. It is very easy to prepare, and has a unique and wonderful taste, blending curry and bananas. You can use any size grilled chickens, thus the 4-6 servings.
- 1 -2 grilled chicken
- 2 -3 bananas
- 1 -1 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce, mild or hot
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- crumbled cooked bacon (optional)
- pine nuts or cashews, to sprinkle
- Skin and debone chicken (s), and break into bite-size pieces.
- Put chicken pieces in a lightly greased 9 X 13 pan.
- Cut peeled bananas in half, vertically.
- Cut each banana-half again, horizontally.
- Put bananas on the chicken pieces in the pan.
- Whip whipping cream, and add chilisauce, salt and curry.
- Spread the mixture on top of the chicken and bananas.
- Sprinkle with cashews or pine-nuts.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 225 C for 20 minutes.
- If you want the optional, crumbled bacon, sprinkle over at serving time.