Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
My grandson Jacob, age 7, told me about a recipe he thought of while riding in the car. So we bought the ingredients, and we made it! Pretty darn good the way he thought it up. Sure makes a grandmother proud.
- 1 pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place pie crust into a deep dish pie plate, be sure to tear it and press it back into place.
- In large bowl place can of apple pie filling, the frozen blueberries, the chocolate chips and cinnamon. Stir the mixture, lick the spoon, stir the filling and then lick the spoon one last time. Pour into bottom crust, and top with top crust. Try to pinch the two crusts together and crimp at irregular intervals.
- Have your grandma whip one egg together and bush onto top crust and sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over the top. Be sure to tear a small hole in the top, and then poke more holes with a fork. Bake about 10 minutes and then drop the temperature to 350°F and finish baking about 1 and a half Jake and Josh shows (40 minutes). Remove and let it cool about 15 minutes longer than we did. Really good with ice cream.