Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love this kugel because it's so moist and yummy. I sometimes add crushed pineapple instead of the raisins. Try it - I guarantee you will love it.
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups milk, warmed
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium egg noodles, cooked according to package
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For topping, coarsely crush cereal and mix with sugar and cinnamon.
- For kugel, pour melted butter into a 13 by 9 inch (3. 5 litre) baking pan.
- Sprinkle with half of cereal topping.
- Beat eggs and sugar together in large bowl.
- Add cream cheese and mix until smooth, then stir in milk.
- Add noodles and raisins; mix well.
- Carefully pour noodle mixture into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining cereal mixture.
- Bake until set, 45-50 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Excellent! This came out rich, sweet, and golden and made the whole house smell like cinnamon. A nice blend of flavors, and very eggy & creamy - just the way I lke my noodle puddings. The directions and measurements are very accurate and clear. Thanks!
This was the first time I'd ever eaten Kugel and it was wonderful! I left out the raisins and added an 8 oz can of crushed pineapple. It smelled so good while cooking and I could hardly wait to dig in when it was done! I loved the Rice Krispies crust, and the inside was moist and creamy, and oh so good! I also found this to be quiet good straight from the fridge without heating!