Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Every Redneck loves booze...well, not every Redneck, but most of us. I don't drink it, I cook with it. It gives a flavor that is unsurpassed (I know, not a Redneck word, but I'm a college-educated Redneck!) and often, the alcohol is burned out through the cooking process. So, all you fanatical people out there who swear that alcohol is of the devil, you're not getting a whole lot when you cook with it. So, go ahead. Now that I've got that outta my system, I found this recipe at the Jack Daniels' site. Use with bread pudding or over cake.
- 2 cups Karo syrup (for you non-Rednecks or country folk, this would be corn syrup)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- Bring corn syrup to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Cool slightly and whisk in remaining ingredients.
- Serve warm, but not cold.