1/2 Photos of Jack's Thai Green Curry With Coconut Rice
From 12 year old Jack on Australian Junior Masterchef. Please note he made is own curry paste and the recipe for that makes 1 cup but you will only need to use 1/2 cup for green curry with coconut rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Curry Paste (makes 1 cup)
- 4 chilies (long green seeded chopped)
- 3 cm ginger (piece peeled finely grated)
- 2 lemongrass (stalks white part only finely chopped)
- 4 kaffir lime leaves (roughly chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup Thai basil (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1COCONUT RICE - to make coconut rice, place rice in a large saucepan and add coconut milk and salt amd slowly bring to the boil over medium heat, cover with a lid, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes or until rice has absorbed liquid and then remove from heat and stand covered for a further 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2CURRY PASTE - Meanwhile to make curry paste, place all ingredients in a food processor, cover and then process until it forms a smooth paste.
- 3GREEN CURRY - Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok or large deep frying pan over medium high heat and add 1/2 cup of the curry paste and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant and then add the chicken and cook, stirring for 4 minutes or until chicken is browned and almost cook through and then add coconut cream, beans and lime leaves and stir to combine and then simmer, stirring for 2 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and then add fish sauce and sugar, and stir to combine.
- 4Divide the rice among 4 bowls and top with the curry, then garnish with coriander sprigs and thai basil and serve with lime wedges.
- 5The remaining curry paste will keep covered in the fridge for 7 days.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jack's Thai Green Curry With Coconut Rice
Serving Size: 1 (672 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1345.4
- Calories from Fat 641
- Total Fat 71.2 g
- Saturated Fat 55.3 g
- Cholesterol 114.5 mg
- Sodium 691.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 141.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 52.6 g
- Protein 41.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves
kaffir lime leaves