Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is my Dad's recipe. It's my favorite stuffing in the whole wide world! I posted this so I don't lose the recipe. It will stuff a 20 lb. turkey or you may bake in a 2 quart casserole (or two) for 40 minutes on 350.
- 1 lb pork sausage, Browned
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped
- 1 cup celery, Chopped
- 7 cups bread cubes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- Brown sausage in skillet.
- Drain sausage.
- Combine soup, chicken broth and seasonings in bowl.
- Add Sausage, Onion, Celery and Bread Cubes.
- Gently stuff bird or bake in 2 quart casserole dishes at 350 for 40 minutes.
Wow, was this ever delicious and simple! Everyone at my Thanksgiving dinner loved it! I cut up fresh bread into 1/2" cubes and left it out overnight to harden up a bit instead of using store bought bread cubes (I used 8 cups). I cooked the onion and celery with the pork in order to soften the veggies a bit more as I was cooking the stuffing outside the bird. Thanks so much, Che~Sara!