Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe of my DH Jack's. He makes this often in the summer; we like to use tomatoes from our garden.
- 8 medium ripe roma tomatoes
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 20 fresh cilantro stems
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper (without seeds)
- 1 serrano peppers (without seeds) or 1 yellow hot pepper (without seeds)
- salt and pepper
- Dice preceding ingredients by hand or use food processor or salsa maker.
- Let stand for about 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- (The onion may be omitted, but not the peppers, for those who don't like onions.).
- Serve with chips or over eggs, meat, etc.
A good fresh tasting salsa that we actually ate with a whole BBQ fish tonight. I used lime instead of the lemon juice.