Recipe by Ernani
This is an old favourite of mine. It is a welcome addition to any coffee, tea, or luncheon party!!!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease an 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Melt butter in boiling water. Add orange rind, orange juice, sugar,
- vanilla and beaten egg and blend.
- Sift dry ingredients over orange mixture. Add nuts.
- Stir just until flour is damp. Batter will be lumpy.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.