Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Created by adopting parts of some other recipes, deleting / changing to suit my tastes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup quick oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onions or 3 tablespoons dry minced onions
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Grease a 3" X 9" loafpan w/ margarine, Mix all ingredients well, in a bowl, & form in a loaf in the pan. Bake @ 350' for 1 hour.
- Can make an optional sauce for the top = 1/4 C Ketchup, 1 tsp Onion Powder & 1 tsp of Prepared Dijon or Yellow mustard. Spoon on top and sprinkle a few minced onion flakes on top before baking.
Great recipe! I used 93% lean grass-fed beef, organic oats and followed the rest of the recipe accordingly and the family loved it!