Recipe by Mrs.Jack
I don't remember the source for this recipe but I think it was a cowboy recipe book. Cooking time is the time to set aside to develop flavors. It is really great over a spinach salad w/ sliced mushrooms and crumbled bacon. My DH's favorite dressing for green salads w/ any combo of veggies that I have on hand-hope it becomes a favorite of yours. Enjoy!!!
Top Review by Indiana Linda
Wow. This is my new favorite dressing. It's hard to believe how so few ingredients can result in such a pleasing flavor. I used balsamic vinegar and liked it so much I'll probably never try any other. Thanks so much for posting. I'm really surprised this doesn't have more 5-star ratings! It sure deserves them.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar (I usually use red wine vinegar but have tried all kinds)
- 2 tablespoons oil (something light like canola or evoo)
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard (I love to use Country Dijon, too)
- cracked black pepper