Just the right spiciness. Great for a crowd. Freezes well. Unique flavors make this hearty chili a favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large bell peppers, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 28 ounces Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 8 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 19 ounces canned red kidney beans, undrained
- 19 ounces canned pinto beans, undrained
- 19 ounces canned black beans, undrained
- 12 ounces frozen corn
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1In a large pot, saute ground beef with onions, peppers and garlic until meat is cooked through and vegetables are soft.
- 2Add stewed tomatoes, tomato suce, beans, and corn stir together.
- 3Add seasonings and simmer for 30 minutes adding water if you like it thinner.
- 4Add salt and additional seasonings to taste.
- 5Serve hot with shredded cheese, sour cream, jalapenos and/or hot sauce to suit your tastes.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jack's Favorite Chili
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.7
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 24.5 mg
- Sodium 883.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 17.3 g