- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add spices and saute 30 seconds.
- Saute onions for 5 minutes or so until limp.
- Cover pan and turn heat down to low.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20-30 minutes, until onions are very soft and brown.
- Raise heat to medium.
- Add tomatoes and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add beans and heat through.
- Adjust salt and pepper.