Recipe by Chef TraceyMae
This is a recipe of my DH's, when I met him he was already a foodie. Lucky me!
Top Review by Maito
We really enjoyed this soup and were surprised it didn't need any spices. The lemon and wine really carried it. I did adjust the amounts a bit, using less oil, lentils, broth and wine and more vegetables and dill. I also added garlic, decreased the cooking time, and cooked the wine into it a little bit. It has a nice flavor.
- 118.29 ml diced onion
- 59.14 ml diced celery
- 354.88 ml red lentils (or any color you choose)
- 3 (1190.67 g) can chicken broth (or an equal amount of water)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh dill
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 236.59 ml Chardonnay wine or 236.59 ml dry champagne
- salt and pepper
- 59.14 ml diced carrot
- 29.58 ml olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions, carrots, and celery in olive oil.
- Place sauteed vegetables, dry red lentils, and broth into large soup pot.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Add rosemary, dill, salt, pepper and the juice and zest from 1 lemon.
- Simmer approximately another 1/2 hour.
- (The zest of the lemon is the yellow layer of the peel. Remove using a zester or a fine grater.).
- Add Chardonnay and serve.