Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is a recipe of my DH's, when I met him he was already a foodie. Lucky me!
Make and share this Jack's Chardonnay and Red Lentil Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups red lentils (or any color you choose)
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth (or an equal amount of water)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh dill
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 1 cup Chardonnay wine or 1 cup dry champagne
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced carrot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Saute onions, carrots, and celery in olive oil.
- Place sauteed vegetables, dry red lentils, and broth into large soup pot.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Add rosemary, dill, salt, pepper and the juice and zest from 1 lemon.
- Simmer approximately another 1/2 hour.
- (The zest of the lemon is the yellow layer of the peel. Remove using a zester or a fine grater.).
- Add Chardonnay and serve.