Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
My husband, Jack, made up this recipe, and it has become a big hit with all of our friends. I think what makes it different from other bean soups is the bottle of beer. He is always requested to bring a large pot of it to Superbowl Sunday and other times, too. If you don't like some of the beans, just substitute with what you do like.
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 3 cans kidney beans, with juice
- 2 cans white beans, drained
- 2 cans pinto beans, drained
- 2 -3 cans of low fat beef broth
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion, cut up
- 2 lbs lean hamburger
- 1 small cabbage
- lots garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle dark beer (such as Guinness Extra Stout)
- Fry hamburger and onion, and drain off any grease.
- Add remaining ingredients and let simmer for about 1 hour.