Recipe by Chef TraceyMae
Jack has his own recipe for homemade apple butter that starts with a trip to Apple Hill, CA.
Top Review by SteelerSue
Yummy chicken! I used boneless, skinless chicken breast. Loved the combination of spices. My apple butter stayed on top of the chicken which only needed to be baked for about 30 minutes. So I poured off the white wine into a pan, added a few more tablespoons of apple butter and made the sauce like that. It was delicious. Did I mention it was really easy? Thanks for the really tasty recipe!
- 8 chicken pieces
- 8 tablespoons apple butter
- 1 liter white wine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pinch dried sage
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice or 2 cups cooked pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in ovenproof baking dish and brown chicken on one side.
- Turn over and while browning the second side, place sage, thyme, salt and pepper on each piece.
- Spoon one tablespoon apple butter on each, and pour wine over so it is sitting in about 1/4" of wine (drink the rest).
- Cover and bake in oven for about 45-60 minutes.
- Remove chicken, leaving the applesauce and wine.
- Reduce sauce (simmer until thick and creamy).
- Drizzle over chicken, serve over rice or pasta.