1/1 Photo of Jack's Apple Butter Chicken
1 hr 6 mins
Chef TraceyMae's Note:
Jack has his own recipe for homemade apple butter that starts with a trip to Apple Hill, CA.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Heat oil in ovenproof baking dish and brown chicken on one side.
- 3Turn over and while browning the second side, place sage, thyme, salt and pepper on each piece.
- 4Spoon one tablespoon apple butter on each, and pour wine over so it is sitting in about 1/4" of wine (drink the rest).
- 5Cover and bake in oven for about 45-60 minutes.
- 6Remove chicken, leaving the applesauce and wine.
- 7Reduce sauce (simmer until thick and creamy).
- 8Drizzle over chicken, serve over rice or pasta.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jack's Apple Butter Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.8
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 56.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: