1/2 Photos of Jacklyn's Crazy Voo-Doo Cheese Enchiladas
Grimm's Restaurant Tales's Note:
Warning: I thought this was nothing more then my bestfriend's favorite enchilada recipe but OH! How we underestimated it! Maybe it's bc we moved away from Texas 2 months ago and we miss Tex-Mex. Or perhaps it was because we usually believe things that arn't hard to make arn't good enough for 2 culinary arts students to waste their time on... but here I sit in my computer chair eating the last left-over enchilada, the enchilada I tried so hard to save for my husband...knowing full well he said he'd divorce me if I ate all of the leftovers. LoL, and Jacklyn, it was totally worth it! JK!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine cheddar and Asidero in a bowl, mix.
- 3Open the can of enchilada sauce and pour a small amount into a casserole dish to coat the bottom of it.
- 4Wet corn tortillas in a little sauce so rolling them is possible without breaking them.
- 5Fill corn tortillas one by one with plenty of cheese. I like to place the filled tortillas on the side where the two flaps curl so the weight of the filling holds them in place. Do this until your whole casserole dish is filled with enchiladas. If you have extra cheese you can sprinkle it over the dish.
- 6Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas -- open the second can and do the same -- the sauce is awesome.
- 7Bake for 20 min at 350.
- 8Garnish if desired -- I like onions he dosen't.
- 9Try not to divorce spouse over eating last enchilada.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jacklyn's Crazy Voo-Doo Cheese Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.7
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 104.8 mg
- Sodium 2246.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 25.9 g