Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy, healthy vegetarian enchiladas! Delicious!
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded cheese, mexican blend
- 3 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400f.
- In a small saucepan, combine beans with 1/3 of the enchilada sauce: heat just to boiling, then remove from heat.
- Gently fry each tortilla on both sides in 2" deep oil in a frying pan: set aside on paper towels. (these can also be microwaved or oven-heated, but they won't be as pliable).
- Spread 3T of enchilada sauce onto the bottom of 8x11 baking dish.
- Fill each enchilada with the beans mixture and bit of the shredded cheese, making sure to save enough for the topping. Place the filled enchiladas in the baking dish very close together so they won't un-roll.
- After all tortillas are filled, top with a generous layer of enchilada sauce, then the remainder of the shredded cheese, then the cilantro.
- Bake 20m or until cheese is totally melted and sauce is bubbly.