Recipe by Southern Sugar Dumplin
This is my sister's recipe. I had to put it here for safe keeping, as it is my most favorite spinach artichoke dip. This recipe calls for roasting the garlic for more depth of flavor, but you can always skip this step if needed for the sake of time. And when I make it, I always add a few extra cloves of garlic - or two or three... ;)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, chopped
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place whole, unpeeled garlic in a small baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, until soft.
- Remove from oven, and when cool enough to touch, squeeze garlic from skin and chop.
- Thaw and drain spinach, drain and chop 1/2 can artichokes.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Spread in a greased 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with a toasted, sliced French baguette.