Prep 45 mins
Cook 27 mins
This recipe is one from my friend Jackie. It sure sounds good to me! Prep time is approximate and includes the cooling time of the cake, and the time frosting is in the fridge.
- Snickerdoodle Cake:.
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour two 9" round cake pans.
- Place cake mix, milk, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon in large mixing bowl.
- Mix for 3 minutes scraping sides as needed.
- Divide batter between pans. Place in oven side by side.
- Bake until they are golden brown. About 27-29 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes invert them onto another rack and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting. Frost cake.
- Place in refrigerator until the frosting sets, about 20 minutes. Keep refrigerated.
- Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting:.
- Place butter in large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low until fluffy, 30 seconds.
- Add confectionary sugar, 3 T. milk and vanilla. Blend on low until sugar is incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Add cinnamon. Increase speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy, 1 minute more.
- Blend in up to 1 tablespoon milk if the frosting seems too stiff.
I was looking for a frosting that would complement a butterscotch bundt cake that I was making for a party. After looking through lots of recipes I found this and decided to give it a try. What a great decision that was! It's a delicious frosting - nice and sweet with a great cinnamon taste. It was the perfect frosting for the butterscotch cake. I definitely plan on trying the snickerdoodle cake recipe too because I'm sure it's excellent also. This would also be a great frosting for cinnamon rolls. My daughter even spread some extra frosting on Ritz crackers and had a nice sweet snack.
Delish!! This is definitely going to be a keeper!
Just the sound of this cake made me want to try it! I can't believer it doesn't have loads of reviews! It's so delicious and we really loved the frosting which was so different for anything we have ever had on cake before. So satisfying and delicious!