1/1 Photo of Jackie's Snickerdoodle Cake With Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting
1 hr 12 mins
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
This recipe is one from my friend Jackie. It sure sounds good to me! Prep time is approximate and includes the cooling time of the cake, and the time frosting is in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) white cake mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting
- 1Snickerdoodle Cake:.
- 2Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour two 9" round cake pans.
- 3Place cake mix, milk, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon in large mixing bowl.
- 4Mix for 3 minutes scraping sides as needed.
- 5Divide batter between pans. Place in oven side by side.
- 6Bake until they are golden brown. About 27-29 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes invert them onto another rack and allow to cool completely.
- 8Meanwhile, prepare Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting. Frost cake.
- 9Place in refrigerator until the frosting sets, about 20 minutes. Keep refrigerated.
- 10Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting:.
- 11Place butter in large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low until fluffy, 30 seconds.
- 12Add confectionary sugar, 3 T. milk and vanilla. Blend on low until sugar is incorporated, about 1 minute.
- 13Add cinnamon. Increase speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy, 1 minute more.
- 14Blend in up to 1 tablespoon milk if the frosting seems too stiff.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jackie's Snickerdoodle Cake With Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.9
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 89.7 mg
- Sodium 452.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 61.5 g
- Protein 4.4 g