This recipe is one from my friend Jackie. It sure sounds good to me! Prep time is approximate and includes the cooling time of the cake, and the time frosting is in the fridge.
- Snickerdoodle Cake:.
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour two 9" round cake pans.
- Place cake mix, milk, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon in large mixing bowl.
- Mix for 3 minutes scraping sides as needed.
- Divide batter between pans. Place in oven side by side.
- Bake until they are golden brown. About 27-29 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes invert them onto another rack and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting. Frost cake.
- Place in refrigerator until the frosting sets, about 20 minutes. Keep refrigerated.
- Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting:.
- Place butter in large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low until fluffy, 30 seconds.
- Add confectionary sugar, 3 T. milk and vanilla. Blend on low until sugar is incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Add cinnamon. Increase speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy, 1 minute more.
- Blend in up to 1 tablespoon milk if the frosting seems too stiff.