Recipe by Love2Bake
I got this recipe from a great lady I worked with. She would bring the pound cake in for birthdays etc. I never could get over how yummy it was so finally we sat down and she wrote out the recipe for me. When I first made it I was amazed that I actually could make something that good. Hope you like it too.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 3 cups cake flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat softened butter, softened cream cheese, and sugar until very, very light and fluffy.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla.
- Add 2 eggs, one at a time.
- Beat well after each addition.
- Alternate the remaining 4 eggs with flour.
- Beat well after each addition and end with flour.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 1 1/2 hours.