Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Healthy, light and refreshing summer meal. Can substitute 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano leaves for the 1-1/2 teaspoons of fresh oregano.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained and 1/2 cup liquid reserved
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch strips (boneless and skinless)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 0.5 (10 ounce) package couscous (3/4 cup)
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic in oil 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in reserved tomato liquid, chicken, onion, oregano, and pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken in no longer pink in center.
- Stir in broth; heat to boiling. Stir in zucchini, couscous and tomatoes, breaking up tomatoes with a fork or snipping with kitchen scissors; remove from heat. Cover and let stand about 5 minutes or until couscous is tender and liquid is absorbed.