1/1 Photo of Jackie's Chicken Scampi - Yankee Kitchen
2 hrs 15 mins
This is one of my FAVE's; big on flavor, ease, and the use of common ingredients normally found in your kitchen. I've been making this recipe since I received it on June 2, 1997. I heard it given over a radio program called "The Yankee Kitchen" which was hosted by the late Gus Saunders. People would call into this radio program and give out their favorite recipes over the radio (AM station in Boston) and listeners would jot them down. I have many of these "jotted-down" recipes and they are treasures to me. The Yankee Kitchen is no longer on the radio and boy, oh-boy do I miss it and I especially miss Gus and all the callers. This recipe came from Jackie P....., a wonderful lady and a regular caller to the program.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Ritz cracker, crushed
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cut fat from chicken if necessary. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Place chicken in a bowl or large ziplock bag.
- 2Combine next 9 ingredients and add to chicken. Mix chicken with marinate to combine evenly throughout. Place in refrigerator and marinate for 1 - 2 hours.
- 3Place chicken mixture in a 7 x 11 pyrex pan.
- 4Sprinkle with enough crushed Ritz crackers to cover the top evenly.
- 5Bake in a preheated 350 degree Fahrenheit for 15 minutes until chicken is done.
- 6Once chicken is removed from oven sprinkle with enough parmesan cheese to your liking. Making sure it is sprinkled while chicken is hot so it can melt into the chicken, which gives it a pronounced "parmesany" taste.
- 7NOTE: Some of you might think that 15 minutes is not enough time, but because your dealing with the breast and the size (bite-size), it cooks quickly. Therefore, be careful not to overcook or else the chicken will be dry and unappealing.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jackie's Chicken Scampi - Yankee Kitchen
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 544.6
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 693.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 36.0 g