Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
My friend Jackie gave me this recipe to try. Sounds so good. If you make it before I do, let me know how it turns out!
Top Review by Tamaretta
This was ooey-gooey dee-liciousness! I used leftover rice from the Chinese restaurant, added some garlic, cumin and chili powder. Next time, I want to add shredded chicken and stuff poblano peppers. Thanks for posting!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon bouillon
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups colby cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350�°F.
- In a medium saucepan combine water, rice and
- bouillon. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer about 15 minutes until tender.
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients, reserving 1/2 cup of the Colby cheese.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 9x9-inch casserole dish, and bake for 25 minutes
- Top with remaining cheese, and bake another 5 minutes to melt.