Recipe by Minnesota Wildflower
This is my daughter Jackie's Alfredo Sauce as she emailed it to her sister & me. It is the best I've ever had. Even with the changes she made to the original recipe to include less butter; it is definitely not something one would want to have on the menu very often. It sure is a great treat to have every now & then, though! We usually add cooked shrimp to it-- chicken is good, too.
Top Review by PalatablePastime
This was fabulous! I did use half and half instead of whipping cream and it was a little less thick that way so I thickened it up with 4 ounces of cream cheese and it turned out beautifully. I served this with garlic chicken over fettuccini. Thank you.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 -3 dashes pepper, a couple shakes
- 4 -6 dashes salt, a few more shakes than pepper
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter.
- Add cream and seasonings.
- Bring to a bubble.
- Add Parmesan.
- VERY IMPORTANT: REDUCE HEAT TO A SIMMER (I know how you two cook!).
- Simmer for 8 minutes. Stir every now and then.
- The texture is so much better. The cheese melts in so it's not grainy and it gets thicker. And this is less butter, which we all need.