Jackie Kennedy's Poulet A' L'estragon
- Season the flour with salt and pepper to taste and coat the chicken; reserve the flour not used for sauce later.
- Brown the chicken in some butter and sprinkle the shallots over the chicken and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, wine, bay leaf, thyme, parsley and tarragon; cover and simmer chicken parts for about 25 minutes, if using whole chicken, simmer about 45 minutes or until tender, turning frequently.
- Remove from pan and keep hot.
- To the pan juices add the cream and grated cheese, and any flour not used in coating the chicken.
- Simmer over low heat until sauce is thick.
- Strain sauce over the chicken and garnish with tarragon leaves.