Recipe by Oolala
From: Cooking for Madam, by Marta Sgubin.
Top Review by Bergy
If it's good enough for Jackie it is certainly good enough for me! Simple, delicious recipe. Although the photos don't look it the rack was a very tiny one and took 20 minutes to come out just pink- Painting the rack with oil helps the crumbs to stick. I didn't need to place the rack under the broiler the crumbs were nicely browned after 20 minutes baking. Thanks Jackie & Oolala for sharing this recipe - I served the rack with New nugget potatoes, new carrots & kernel corn along with Scottish Mint Jelly - wonderful dinner fit for a queen or any first lady!
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry breadcrumbs, fine
- 3⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 double racks of lamb, trimmed
- kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs with parsley, garlic, rosemary and all but a few tablespoons of olive oil.
- Use the reserved tablespoons of oil to brush over the lamb and then season the lamb with salt and pepper.
- Place the rack, meat side up, in a roasting pan, and spread the bread crumb mixture evenly over the meaty parts of the racks.
- Roast for 15 minutes at 450 degrees F. and then reduce the heat to 400 and roast for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the racks from the oven and place them under the broiler just to give the crust some extra color.
- Let the meat rest for 8-10 minutes before carving.
- Note: You can use more garlic, parsley or rosemary if you like.