2 hrs 10 mins
I first tasted this in a great pub in Southwark London called "The Trinity." They make all their own recipes and everything there is homemade, even the condiments. Last night I tried to make my own version and it came very close to the original. This was served as a main dish with a side salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large baking potatoes, scrubbed clean and dried
- coarse salt, to taste
- olive oil, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter, to taste
- goat's cheese, sliced (1 medium log)
For the Roasted Veggies
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into chunks
- garlic, if desired (as many whole cloves as you like) (optional)
- 1 cup whole mushroom (optional)
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce or 2 tablespoons honey mustard dressing, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 150 (fan)/170 (gas/electric) degrees Celsius.
- 2Massage some oil on the skins of each potato, then rub some coarse salt over them.
- 3Prick each potato all over with a fork.
- 4Set in the oven and roast 1 1/2- 2 hours, or until potatoes are crisp and tender (time will vary depending on the actual size and type of potato you use).
- 5Meanwhile, get all your veggies together in a roasting pan.
- 6Drizzle a bit of oil on top (mabye 2 Tbsp.just enough to lightly coat the veggies).
- 7Sprinkle with a bit of coarse salt to taste and then toss.
- 8Roast for about 1 hour, tossing at least once while cooking, or until all are nicely roasted.
- 9Once potatoes are ready, cut an X into the top of each and fluff the insides with fork.
- 10Place a pat of butter to taste inside each potato.
- 11Place some slices of goat's cheese into each potato and pop back into the oven long enough to melt the cheese (maybe 5 minutes).
- 12Toss the roasted veggies with a few spoonfuls of pesto sauce or a flavorful salad dressing (such as honey mustard or Caesar or ranch).
- 13Set each potato onto a serving plate, and spoon a hearty portion of roasted veggies over the top, letting it spill over the sides.
- 14Serve with extra butter, salt, pepper on the side for each person to adjust the seasonings to their tastes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jacket Potatoes With Roasted Veggies & Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.9
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 96.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: