1/4 Photos of Jacket Potatoes W/Herbed Cottage Cheese (Diabetic Friendly)
This recipe is from the "Low-Fat Cooking" cookbook of the Australian Womens Weekly Cookbook series & was described as suitable for diabetics. It seemed so basic to me & I was certain it would have already been posted to RZ, but I was unable to find it. DH & I have been eating baked potatoes this way for eons w/the addition of garlic & McCormick Lemon & Pepper Seasoning Salt, so I showed them as opt adds. Time does not include time to bake or microwave potatoes. *Enjoy* !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces low fat cottage cheese
- 3 green onions (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (opt add)
- mccormick lemon-pepper seasoning (opt add to taste)
- 6 baking potatoes (baked or microwaved till fork-tender)
- 1Combine cottage cheese w/onion, parmesan cheese, herbs & opt adds (if using).
- 2Cut a deep cross in ea potato & gently press sides to open the cross. Fill & mound herbed cottage cheese equally among the 6 potatoes & serve immediately.
- 3NOTE: If you want a smooth texture or simply want to disguise the cottage cheese from the kids, use a stick blender to puree it till smooth & then mix in the herbs & seasonings. They'll prob think it's the best sour cream they've ever tasted. :-).
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jacket Potatoes W/Herbed Cottage Cheese (Diabetic Friendly)
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.0
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 5.2 mg
- Sodium 156.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 7.8 g