This recipe is from the "Low-Fat Cooking" cookbook of the Australian Womens Weekly Cookbook series & was described as suitable for diabetics. It seemed so basic to me & I was certain it would have already been posted to RZ, but I was unable to find it. DH & I have been eating baked potatoes this way for eons w/the addition of garlic & McCormick Lemon & Pepper Seasoning Salt, so I showed them as opt adds. Time does not include time to bake or microwave potatoes. *Enjoy* !
- 8 ounces low fat cottage cheese
- 3 green onions (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (opt add)
- mccormick lemon-pepper seasoning (opt add to taste)
- 6 baking potatoes (baked or microwaved till fork-tender)
- Combine cottage cheese w/onion, parmesan cheese, herbs & opt adds (if using).
- Cut a deep cross in ea potato & gently press sides to open the cross. Fill & mound herbed cottage cheese equally among the 6 potatoes & serve immediately.
- NOTE: If you want a smooth texture or simply want to disguise the cottage cheese from the kids, use a stick blender to puree it till smooth & then mix in the herbs & seasonings. They'll prob think it's the best sour cream they've ever tasted. :-).