1/4 Photos of Jacket Potatoes Filled With Garlic and Herbs
2 hrs 15 mins
2 hrs 5 mins
The nicest thing about jacket potatoes is its crisp, crunchy skins and fluffy, floury insides with some lovely filling melted into them! As an accompaniment, one half of the potato will be sufficient per person, or 1 potato per person if serving as a supper dish with a salad. Please note, you will have to serve them immediately because, after you remove jacket potatoes from the oven, they lose their crispness very quickly, so don't let them hang around for too long.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large desiree potatoes (225-275g each) or 3 large king edward potatoes (225-275g each)
- olive oil
- rock salt, crushed
For the filling
- 1Pre-heat oven to gas mark 5/375F/190°C.
- 2Wash the potatoes and dry them very thoroughly with a cloth, then leave them aside to dry as much as possible.
- 3Next, prick the skins a few times all over with a fork, then put a few drops of olive oil over each one and rub it all over the skin followed by some crushed salt.
- 4Place the potatoes on to the centre shelf of the oven and let them bake for 1¾-2 hours, or until the skins are really crisp.
- 5Meanwhile, pre-heat the grill.
- 6Once the potatoes are cooked, remove from the oven, protect your hands with a cloth, slice them in half then scoop out the cooked potatoes into a bowl (careful not to tear the skin).
- 7Then combine the potato with the cottage cheese or cream cheese, butter, garlic and herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- 8Pile the mixture back into the potato shells, sprinkle each half with the grated cheddar and pop them under the grill until they are brown and bubbling.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jacket Potatoes Filled With Garlic and Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.3
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 43.7 mg
- Sodium 403.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 19.0 g