Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Saw this on the Paula Deen show and then of course changed it a bit, to make it a little more exciting. They look very pretty and appetizing, will have to try it soon.
- 4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed well
- 12 ounces bacon, chopped
- 8 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped (both parts)
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1 tablespoon crushed green peppercorn
- 1 cup cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- butter, for topping
- chopped fresh parsley, garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Prick potatoes with a fork and bake for about 1 hour.
- Sauté bacon, add button mushrooms and shallot and cook until golden.
- Pour brandy first into a measuring cup(for safety) and then into the pan and carefully ignite with a long match.
- After the alcohol burns off and the flame has died, stir in the peppercorns.
- Stir in the cream and heat through, without boiling.
- Add green onion to sauce.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cut open baked potatoes.
- Top each with a spoonful of butter, then cover generously with sauce.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.