1 hr 5 mins
Saw this on the Paula Deen show and then of course changed it a bit, to make it a little more exciting. They look very pretty and appetizing, will have to try it soon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed well
- 12 ounces bacon, chopped
- 8 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped (both parts)
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 tablespoon crushed green peppercorn
- 1 cup cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- butter, for topping
- chopped fresh parsley, garnish (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- 2Prick potatoes with a fork and bake for about 1 hour.
- 3Sauté bacon, add button mushrooms and shallot and cook until golden.
- 4Pour brandy first into a measuring cup(for safety) and then into the pan and carefully ignite with a long match.
- 5After the alcohol burns off and the flame has died, stir in the peppercorns.
- 6Stir in the cream and heat through, without boiling.
- 7Add green onion to sauce.
- 8Salt and pepper, to taste.
- 9Cut open baked potatoes.
- 10Top each with a spoonful of butter, then cover generously with sauce.
- 11Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jacket Potato W/Bacon, Mushroom, & Peppercorn Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 787.0
- Calories from Fat 514
- Total Fat 57.1 g
- Saturated Fat 24.3 g
- Cholesterol 124.1 mg
- Sodium 745.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 17.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: