Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This recipe posted by a request from Kat. The Kansas City Star published this "famous restaurant's" recipe some time ago. If you like these baked beans, check out Smokestack's Cheesy Corn Bake.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 (40 ounce) can pork & beans, drained
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (I use KC Masterpiece)
- 1⁄4 cup sorghum
- Cook bacon just to remove grease Combine rest of ingredients Add the bacon and put in large baking dish Bake uncovered in 325 degree oven 60-75min.
- You may also fix this in crockpot on low 6-8hours.
Best baked beans ever! I have made this recipe several times
FIVE (5) STARS Y'all!<br/>I used .5cp Gates mild & .5cp Jackstack reg. sauce. (Lil Smokies for that "Beanie Weenie" feel)
Loved this - added some amount of bacon and the pseudo burndt ends (ham steak sauteed in butter and brown sugar). EXCELLENT in crockpot.