Prep 2 hrs
Cook 8 mins
These little babies will not be forgotten!
- 4 lbs salmon (skinned)
- 9 green onions
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 14 slices bacon
- Cut salmon into 56 even cubes. Cut 56 (1 1/2 inch) pieces of the tops of the onions. Mince rest.
- Combine all with the bourbon, syrup, soy sauce, dijon and pepper. Let stand 2 hours.
- Partially cook bacon. Cut into 56 pieces.
- Heat broiler.
- Drain salmon and onions, reserving marinade. Wrap each piece of salmon with a piece of bacon.
- Thread alternating with onion pieces onto soaked wooden skewers.
- Broil 8 minutes, turning once and basting with marinade.
I changed this up slightly, but it is my all time favorite salmon recipe. I used one salmon fillet, sliced the bacon in short 1/4" slices and cooked it half way. I put the fillet in a baking dish, sprinkled the bacon over the top, poured the sauce over and in the oven it went. I have also baked this in foil pouches, but it take longer. Gran Marnier adds a different flavor, I also add some orange zest to pump up the flavor of the orange liquor.