Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 mins
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 3 wedges, about 1/4 cup salsa, and 1 T. sour cream. Per serving: 356 calories, 9.7 g fat, 19.4 g protein, 47.8 g carb, 3 g fiber, 42 mg cholesterol.
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Anjou pear, cored and finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- To make the salsa: Combine the salsa ingredients in a bowl; cover and chill.
- To make the quesadillas: Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Spray pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add in sliced onions; stir/saute for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Remove onions from pan; lower heat to medium.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over each of 4 tortillas.
- Top each cheese-covered tortilla with 1/4 of the onions, 1/2 cup turkey, 2 tablespoons cheese and 1 tortilla.
- Recoat pan with cooking spray.
- Place over medium heat.
- Add 1 quesadilla to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Repeat process with remaining quesadillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges.
- Serve with cranberry salsa and sour cream.
What an interesting fusion quesadilla, with a christmassy turkey and cranberry twist! In our opinion these where ok, just a little dry and short of cheese, but the flavors did blend nicely together. But I think we'll stick to the more traditional ones, anyway.