Recipe by AmyZoe
I made this with cooked sweet potatoes instead of canned. I also used evaporated milk instead of half and half. These were hard to stop eating right out of the oven. YUM! Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home.
- 532.32 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 177.44 ml butter, cubed (cold butter)
- 446.50 g sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 118.29 ml half-and-half cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine sweet potatoes and cream until smooth. Add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead 8 to 10 times.
- pat or roll to 1/2 inch thickness and cut with a floured 2 inch pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter.
- Place 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 425 for 16 to 20 minutes or until edges are browned.
- Remove from pans to wire racks.
- Serve warm.