I made this with cooked sweet potatoes instead of canned. I also used evaporated milk instead of half and half. These were hard to stop eating right out of the oven. YUM! Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 2Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3In a small bowl, combine sweet potatoes and cream until smooth. Add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 4Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead 8 to 10 times.
- 5pat or roll to 1/2 inch thickness and cut with a floured 2 inch pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter.
- 6Place 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- 7Bake at 425 for 16 to 20 minutes or until edges are browned.
- 8Remove from pans to wire racks.
- 9Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jack O'Lantern Biscuits Taste of Home
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 13
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.8
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 31.6 mg
- Sodium 379.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g