Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this with cooked sweet potatoes instead of canned. I also used evaporated milk instead of half and half. These were hard to stop eating right out of the oven. YUM! Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, cubed (cold butter)
- 15 3⁄4 ounces sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine sweet potatoes and cream until smooth. Add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead 8 to 10 times.
- pat or roll to 1/2 inch thickness and cut with a floured 2 inch pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter.
- Place 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 425 for 16 to 20 minutes or until edges are browned.
- Remove from pans to wire racks.
- Serve warm.