Recipe by Bambo
A "Taste of Home" recipe I found years ago, which has become a family tradition for our Halloween table. I also make it for potlucks during the month of October and it always gets lots of requests for the recipe.
- 1 medium pumpkin, cleaned out
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Paint face on pumpkin with marker.
- Brown beef and onion. Drain.
- Add soup, sugar, soy sauce and mushrooms and simmer 10 minute
- Add rice and waterchestnuts.
- Spoon into pumpkin. Replace top. Bake on cookie sheet in center of oven at 350 degrees for 1-2 hours or until inside of pumpkin is tender.
- Serve on plate. Scoop cooked pumpkin out and serve.