Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From TOH - Halloween Food & Fun 2003. These sound like they would please my grandkids.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 16 slices whole wheat bread or 16 slices white bread
- 8 slices American cheese
- 1 lb shaved deli chicken or 1 lb turkey
- 8 lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise and salad dressing mix; spread on each slice of bread.
- Top half of the slices with cheese, chicken and lettuce.
- Top with remaining bread.
- Cut sandwiches with a 4-in. pumpkin-shaped cutter.
- Remove top slice; cut out eyes and nose with a small triangle cutter.
- Use cutout pieces for the mouth.