Recipe by newspapergal
Recipe posted by request; from Bisquick cookbook. *** The Jack-O-Lantern is formed on each pizza slice by arranging the vegetables after the pizza is cooked.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup salsa
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450*.
- Grease 12-inch round pizza pan.
- Brown ground beef in skillet; drain, and add salsa, corn and 1/4 cup water.
- Heat to boiling; remove from heat& set aside.
- Stir Bisquick, 1/3 cup hot water and oil until dough forms; then beat vigorously about 20 strokes.
- Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Press dough into pizza pan; pinch edge to form 1/2-inch rim.
- Spread beef mixture over dough; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 11-15 minutes, until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
- After slicing pizza, arrange 2 orange bell pepper strips on each slice to form a'pumpkin' shape.
- Use 2 black olive slices on each slice for jack-o-lantern's eyes.
- Use red onion dices for each slice's eyebrows.
- Use cherry tomato wedges to form a mouth on each slice.
- Slice green bell pepper strips in half, and use each half as the pumpkin's"stem," laid over the crust of each clie.