Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
When I saw a healthful, whole-foods Halloween treat, I had to buy the Taste of Home Halloween Party Favorites. These are cute and yummy! Thick-skinned oranges will work better, I think. And I had to use my knife a bit before scooping the orange pulp out with a spoon.
- 8 small navel oranges
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- slivered almonds
- whole cloves
- Choose the side of each orange that will be the face.
- If necessary, cut a slice off the bottom of each orange so it will rest flat.
- Cut a small slice off the top of each and spoon out the pulp.
- Chop pulp (if necessary) and mix with the apple and grapes; set aside.
- Cut faces on orange skins and decorate with almonds and cloves.
- Spoon the fruit salad into the oranges.
SO cute! My kids love these!
Adorable, tasty, and healthy. It was nice how the orange juice keeps the apples from browning. I used a sharp knife to cut off the top and held it vertical to cut the flesh from the rind, then used a spoon to scoop the cylinder from the bottom. Finally I used a melon ball scooper to remove the remaining flesh and juice.
I had so much fun making these! I was actually much easier scooping out the orange than I thought it would be. Thick-skinned oranges are definitely best. Was a big hit with the kids!