Recipe by jonesies
Dinner made to resemble jack-o-lanterns. Made with chili and cornbread, kids are sure to enjoy these. Great autumn meal!
- 2 (11 1/2 ounce) cans refrigerated cornbread twists dough (8 breadsticks each) or 3 (4 1/2 ounce) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (6 biscuits each)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans (mild flavor)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- sliced ripe olives
- bell pepper, sliced
- carrot, cut into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Lightly grease 16 to 18 standard (2-1/2-inch) muffin pan cups.
- Lightly roll out corn bread dough to press together perforations.
- Cut out 18 circles with 3-inch round cookie cutter.
- Press 1 circle onto bottom and 1 inch up side of each muffin cup.
- Combine chili and corn in medium bowl.
- Fill each muffin cup with 1 tablespoon chili.
- Cut out 16 to 18 circles from cheese with 2 inch round cookie cutter; place rounds over chili mixture in cups.
- Decorate cheese with olive, bell pepper and carrot pieces to resemble jack-o'-lanterns. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until corn bread is completely baked and cheese is melted.