Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A bright Halloween smile tops a quick chicken stew in a biscuit bread bowl.
- 8 slices American cheese (3/4 oz each)
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (grands)
- 1 (20 ounce) container refrigerated taco sauce with seasoned shredded chicken (or you can use fresh shredded chicken with your own sauce recipe)
- 1 1⁄2 cups green giant frozen corn kernels
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canold el paso chopped green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into 8 thin slices
- shredded lettuce
- Heat oven to 375°F With top edge of custard cup as a pattern, cut out round from each cheese slice. In each round, cut out small triangles for eyes and nose, and small shape for mouth to resemble jack-o'-lantern. Set aside. Spray outside bottom and sides of eight 6-ounce custard cups lightly with cooking spray.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Roll or pat each biscuit into 4 1/2-inch round. Place biscuit rounds over outside of sprayed cups; press to fit over bottom and part way down sides of cups. Place cups, upside down, in ungreased 15x10-inch pan with sides.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, cook taco sauce with chicken, corn and chiles over medium heat 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thoroughly heated. Stir in sour cream. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, just until thoroughly heated.
- Remove pan from oven. Carefully remove biscuit cups from custard cups; place biscuit cups, right side up, in same baking pan. Spoon chicken mixture evenly into each biscuit cup. Top each with tomato slice and jack-o'-lantern cheese slice.
- Return to oven; bake 2 to 4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle tops of cheese with shredded lettuce to resemble hair.