1/3 Photos of Jack-O'-Lantern Cheeseburger Pie
It's just plain fun for us and the kids will love to eat their dinner. It's a tiny bit fiddly but so much fun you won't mind at all. I have to admit that, my "doesn't like anything" DH loves it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, divided use
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large egg
- red food coloring
- yellow liquid food coloring
- 1Cook first 5 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Stir in ketchup and Worcestershire sauce; cool.
- 2Unfold 1 piecrust, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spread mustard evenly over crust. Stir together meat mixture and 2 cups cheese; spoon onto center of crust, leaving a 2-inch border.
- 3Unfold remaining piecrust, and cut out a jack-o'-lantern face, reserving pastry cutouts to use as a stem. Place crust over meat mixture; crimp edges of crust, and fold under. Place stem on top of jack-o'-lantern face.
- 4Whisk together 2 tablespoons water, egg, and 1 drop each of red and yellow food coloring; brush over crust.
- 5Bake at 425*F (220*C) for 20 minutes; remove from oven, and brush again with egg mixture. Fill eyes, nose, and mouth with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake 5 to 10 more minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jack-O'-Lantern Cheeseburger Pie
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 766.6
- Calories from Fat 447
- Total Fat 49.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.0 g
- Cholesterol 132.6 mg
- Sodium 1136.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 34.1 g