Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cute treat for Halloween!
Make and share this Jack-O-Lantern recipe from Food.com.
- 12 plain doughnuts
- 1 (16 ounce) can vanilla frosting
- orange icing
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate frosting
- 11 spearmint candy leaves
- Cut 1 doughnut into 11 small wedges. Press wedges into holes of remaining 11 doughnuts.
- Tint frosting orange with icing color and heat 25 to 40 seconds in the microwave, until it's the consistency of heavy cream and thin enough to pour. Place 6 doughnuts on a cooling rack over wax paper. Evenly pour frosting over doughnuts to completely cover. Let cool 10 minutes, then transfer to a plate, using a spatula. Scoop icing from wax paper, reheat, and pour over remaining doughnuts to coat.
- Place chocolate frosting in a freezer-weight zip-top bag and snip off a small corner. Pipe jack-o'-lantern faces on doughnuts. Cut and shape spearmint candies into stems and insert in tops. Refrigerate until ready to serve.