Recipe by celestial_star03
I am always looking for breakfast dishes to serve my family when they come in for the holidays and this one is made with things I have in my house all the time and serves 8 in less than an hour!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- black pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Place 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until lightly browned (3 minutes). Take them out of the skillet and set them aside.
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, drain it on paper towels and discard the grease.
- To the skillet add 4 tablespoons of butter, most of the bacon (save some for garnishing), and 3/4 of the mushrooms. Mix well and sprinkle with the flour, salt, and black pepper to taste.
- Gradually stir in the milk and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is smooth and thickened, about 20 minutes. Cover and set aside.
- Combine the eggs with the half and half and 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and cook in the remaining butter in a skillet on medium low heat until very softly scrambled, do not overcook.
- In a buttered 9 inch glass souffle dish alternately layer the scrambled eggs and the bacon sauce, ending with the sauce. Top with the remaining mushrooms and reserved bacon and back uncovered until heated through, 15 to 20 minutes.