My copycat recipe for Jack in the Box's taco sauce.
Make and share this Jack in the Box Taco Sauce (Copycat) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce (not ketchup!)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot or 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Season-All salt
- 3⁄8 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch smoked paprika (or chipotle chile powder)
- WHISK all ingredients together rigorously in a medium saucepan (1 cup cold water, 1/4 cup chili sauce, 2 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar, 1 tablespoon arrowroot or 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 1/2 teaspoon Season-All salt, 3/8 teaspoon granulated garlic, 1/4 teaspoon granulated onion, 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander, 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 pinch ground cloves, 1 pinch smoked paprika or chipotle chile powder).
- BRING mixture to boil over high heat.
- WHISK as needed.
- BOIL one full minute.
- REMOVE from heat and cool (sauce will seem hotter while warm and the spice-heat subsides after cooled).
- WHISK sauce occasionally as it cools.
- POUR cooled sauce into a sealable container or a squeeze bottle for convenience.
- SERVE and enjoy with your favorite tacos, or use as a starter-base for chili.
- REFRIGERATE any unused portion for up to 2 weeks.
- SHAKE well before serving again.